We produce a range of pressure sensitive adhesive labels on materials from paper to vinyl. Printed on flat sheets then cut to size or kiss cut shapes of your choice or choose from our stock of dies. There is a choice of adhesives available from removable to Supertac.
Adhesives available are Removable, Permanent, Supertac Surface materials available are; Gloss, Matt, Silk, Vinyl, Clear, Coverall
Digital printing of Labels / Stickers
Small orders are suited to digital printing on our digital press which offers exceptional print quality and is comparable to lithographic printing, ideal for the quality conscious client.
The HP Indigo press has a good selection of adhesive materials available although not as wide as litho.
- Permanent – Typically not designed to be removed without tearing the stock, damaging the surface, or using solvents. The adhesion strength and speed can also be varied. For example, full adhesion can be nearly instant, or the label can be almost removable for a short period with full adhesion developing in minutes or hours (known as respositionable adhesives).
- Removable / Peelable – Adhesion is fairly strong and will not fall off in normal circumstances, but the label can be removed relatively easily without tearing the base stock or leaving adhesive behind on the old surface. The adhesive is usually strong enough to be applied again elsewhere. This type is frequently known as 'removable'. There are many different types of removable adhesives, some are almost permanent, some are almost 'ultra peelable'.
- Ultra-peelable – Designed principally for use on book covers and glass, when removed these adhesives labels do not leave any residue whatsoever. Adhesion is weak and only suitable for light duty applications. Normally these labels have very little adhesion to anything once they've been removed.
- Freezer or Frost fix – Most permanent and peelable adhesives have a service temperature limit of -10 degrees Celsius, whereas freezer (otherwise known as frost fix) adhesives have a service temperature -40 degrees Celsius and are suitable for deep freeze use.
- Supertac – A type of permanent adhesive that exhibits a high initial grab to the application surfaces, and is commonly used at higher coat weights to enable labels to adhere strongly to difficult, rough or dirty surfaces.
- Static Cling – This is not actually an adhesive at all. The material (usually PVA) has a static charge to enable its adhesion to flat, smooth surfaces such as glass. It is not sticky as such and is commonly used for window advertising, window decorations, oil change labels, etc.
Digital printing for short run Greeting Cards
Advantages of digital print
- Shorter turnaround.
- Every print is the same. More accurate counts, less waste and fewer variations due to not having to balance ink and water during press run. Printed image doesn’t differ from coated to uncoated.
- Cheaper low volume printing. While the unit cost of each piece may be higher than with offset printing, when setup costs are included digital printing provides lower per unit costs for very small print runs.
- Variable Data Printing is a form of customizable digital printing. Using information from a database or external file, text and graphics can be changed on each piece without stopping or slowing down the press.
We can help with our expertise by advising on specific and unusual finishes to make them stand out from the crowd.
- Marketing Consent Given: TrueQR code linking websites or video related content
- Die cuts using unusual shapes
- Embossing / debossing
- Spot U.V. / Litho varnishes for that subtle difference
- Special metallic colours
- Duplexing the cover
- Matt and gloss laminates
- Different binding mechanisms
- Mixing different papers within the publication.